Welcome to Sno-King Arena’s Learn to Skate Program
We introduce the thrill and athletic challenge of Ice Skating, in a fun and safe learning environment. Whether your interest is figure skating or hockey, we provide a structured system for children and adults to be physically active and learn the fundamentals of skating.
Skate to life experiences
There's a lot more happening inside the rink than ice skating. Friendships are being made. Laughing is the norm. A community comes together. This is where the journey begins.
Our Program Objective:
· Teach children and adults the basics of ice skating while building confidence and skills through each lesson.
· Provide a progressive curriculum developed by Learn to Skate USA.
· Ensure success from the first steps on the ice to mastery of advanced skills.
- Ages 4 to 5
Snowplow Sam introduces the fundamentals of skating to Pre-School age children not yet ready for Basic 1. Class emphasis is on developing basic coordination and strength to move around on the ice.
- Ages 5-12
Master basic through more difficult skills, learning correct technique, and building confidence.
- Ages 13+
- Youth/Teens & Adults
The adult curriculum is designed for both beginning and experienced adult skaters who wish to improve their skating skills.
- Learn to Skate Class Information
· Arrive 30-mInutes early the first day of class. We encourage early arrive each week to get skates and prepare for class.
· The arena is cold! Dress warm and in layers. Wear gloves or mittens.
· Rental skates are included. Wear long thin socks covering ankles fully.
· Most of our class series are 6-7 consecutive weeks with a few exceptions throughout the year.
· Instruction is 30-minutes followed by 30-minutes of practice time or supplementary private lesson time.
· Evaluations are completed on the last day. U.S. Figure Skating achievement badges are awarded as skaters as they progress through class levels.
· Participants will be placed in classes with skaters sharing similar abilities and ages. Skaters will be moved as needed the first two weeks of class. Some class levels will be combined.
· We do not offer make-up classes
· All skaters will progress and advance at their own rate.