IMPORTANT COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Sno-King Ice Arenas is required to adhere to the current Washington State Governor mandate to operate safely and responsibly. As of June 2, 2021, we are currently operating under Phase 3 guidelines with hockey and figure skating programs defined as a moderate contact indoor sport. Below is the current protocol in all Sno-King facilities.
- Sno-King Employees will follow the requirements from the Department of Labor & Industries.
- All areas inside the arena will be consistently sanitized and cleaned.
- We have installed arena specific COVID signage to assist with social distancing, hand washing, facial coverings in addition to locker room usage.
- Facial coverings are required for all participants, including coaches, trainers, and officials at all times while on the ice.
- Facial coverings and physical distancing is required for all spectators and staff at all times unless they are fully vaccinated.
- In accordance with the Secretary of Health’s Order 20-03.2, fully vaccinated spectators and staff are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering. A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt from physical distancing requirements. Spectators who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Athletes, coaches, referees, spectators and any other paid or volunteer staff are required to stay home if they feel unwell, show any signs of COVID-19, or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
Procedures for members skating on Freestyle sessions:
· Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled session.
Allowing time for check-in and putting skates on.
· Only One Parent/Guardian can accompany their child and assist with lacing skates etc.
· When possible, we encourage skaters to arrive with skates on. Sessions can be viewed on LiveBarn. There is a monthly fee and can be discontinued at any time.
If you must stay in the building, you can watch from the bleachers while maintaining social distancing.
· Each skater will be limited to one small bag marked with their name to carry skates and incidentals. Once Skates are on, the bag will be placed in a designated area and will be packed out when exiting.
· Skaters will be asked to exit the facility 5 minutes after their session has ended.
One-way traffic flow within the facility, entering the ice and exiting the ice and building.
· All skaters must have a waiver on file click here
· All skaters must have a current membership with US Figure Skating or Learn to Skate USA.
Both memberships can be obtained at KingsgateSkatingClub.org
· Max 17 skaters on the ice. Initially, this will be first come-first serve. We will be moving to an On-Line reservation-payment system.
Kingsgate Skating Club members and coaches have priority.
If we exceed our maximum number coaches will be assigned sessions.